FAQs & Resources

US citizens and green card holders are generally required to report their worldwide income on an annual tax return. Fortunately, foreign tax credits and tax treaties can protect and minimize double taxation on that income.

You are also required to report foreign financial accounts under your fiduciary control if the maximum aggregate balance of those accounts exceed $10,000 at any time during the year. 

Good reasons to file your tax return annually are to avoid potential monetary and criminal penalties, support your financial credit history, and help avoid a costly IRS audit in the future. Most Americans living abroad eventually return to pursue the American dream and personal wealth tied up in a home is difficult to hide from the IRS.

Our mission is to take the pain out of US tax compliance so you feel good about yourself and your country. We offer convenient service at a globally competitive price. Use a qualified CPA tax professional for reliable service and your peace of mind.

Have a tax question and enjoy doing the research yourself?  Go to US Tax Code Online.

*   *   *   *   *

Links to Frequently Asked Questions

New IRS Rolling ITIN Renewal for Expiring ITINs.
Do I need to file a US tax return?
Do I need to report Foreign Financial Accounts on FinCEN Form 114 (FBAR)?
Do I need to report Foreign Financial Accounts on tax return with Form 8938?
Comparison of FBAR and Form 8938 filing requirements.
Do I need to report my Foreign Company Ownership on Form 5471?
Do I need to report my investment in a Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) on Form 8621?
Do I need to report a Transfer of Property to a Foreign Entity on Form 926?
United States Income Tax Treaties - A to Z.
Forbes Commentary and Links on Late FBAR Filing.
Wikipedia Links and Country Income Tax Rate Comparison.
US Marginal Tax Rates by Filing Status.
Election to File a Joint Return with your Nonresident Spouse.